This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
I love beetroot in all shapes and sizes and could eat them all year round. This time there is beetroot au gratin on rocket salad and cranberry dressing. By the way, I made the cranberry dressing from leftovers from my homemade cranberry jam. However, if you don’t have cranberries or cranberry jam on hand, you can also use cranberries from the jar as an alternative.
This time I’ve even prepared a little video tutorial for you.
Baked beetroot au gratin
Have you ever gratinated beetroot ?! If not then you should definitely try it out. I opted for an aromatic, creamy blue cheese and a matured goat (fresh) cheese. The beetroot has a strong taste of its own and needs an equally strong “opponent”.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 4 medium beetroot
- 1 roll of goat cheese
- 100 g blue cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- fresh parsley
- Arugula or other leafy green salad
- some olive oil for brushing
For the Cranberry-Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons of cranberry jam, homemade (alternatively, cranberries from the jar)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar, e.g. raspberry vinegar
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C top / bottom heat.
- Peel the beetroot. It’s best to put on gloves for this. This way you avoid discolored hands.
- Then cut the beetroot into 1 cm thick slices.
- Brush with a little olive oil and season with freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven at 160 ° C for 20 minutes. The beetroot should still be firm to the bite.
- Cut the cheese into pieces and cover the beetroot with it.
- Gratinate in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- For the cranberry dressing: Mix the cranberry jam (or my sugar-free alternative), onions, honey, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper together.
- Marinate the rocket with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad on plates and place the beetroot on top. Garnish with walnuts, parsley and cranberries.
Stay in touch and follow me
Just browse through my little blog world. In addition to a wide variety of recipes, you will also find articles on travel, lifestyle and other stories of life.
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️