This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
Have you been cooking too much rice again? I know that all too well, because when it comes to cooking the right amount of rice or pasta, I always make way too much. And that’s why I’ve gotten quite creative over time to further use the leftover rice. And that’s how my today’s recipe for crispy rice cakes came about.
10 Minutes Recipe: Quick & Veggie Rice Cakes
For this leftover recipe you only need a few ingredients: eggs, salt, pepper and the leftover rice. And in just under 10 minutes you'll have a delicious meal on the table . PS: The recipe also works with freshly cooked rice - it just takes a little longer. Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 1 egg
- 300 – 400 g rice, sticky rice or other rather sticky rice varieties, e.g. Jasmine rice, medium or short grain rice
- Salz, Pfeffer
- etwas Öl zum Ausbacken, z.B. Sonnenblumenöl
- Roughly chop the cold rice in a food processor, mix with an egg and season with salt and pepper. Tip: If you use freshly boiled rice, you should let it cool down well so that the rice gets its sticky consistency. Otherwise your rice cakes may fall apart.
- Divide tablespoon-sized portions and shape into small, firm balls.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Depending on the size of the pan, place around 2 to 3 rice balls in the pan, flatten them a little and bake on both sides for around 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown.
- The rice cakes taste delicious with salads, but also as an accompaniment to Asian dishes. Tip: You can freeze the rice cakes – just in case you have made too many 😉
Stay in touch & follow me!
Just browse through my little blog world. In addition to a wide variety of recipes, you will also find articles on travel, lifestyle and other stories of life.
In addition: You can find more of me on Facebook, on my Instagram accounts @Pop.Up.Girl or @Popupgirl_food and now also on YouTube. Like it – Share it – Comment it
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️
💕 Cat 💕