This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
Avocado lovers watch out: Here comes my super easy, delicious, avocado and banana ice cream. It’s vegan, sugar-free and ready to eat in no time. And who is now wondering: Can you freeze avocados? Yes, you can – even as a whole. I distinguish it and don’t feel so bad for good *.
Avocado and banana ice cream: Let’s get it on
This recipe is one of my favorites, because it is so simple and easy in the making. I always have bananas (and from now on also avocados) in my freezer. This saves a to of time. But of course this recipe works also with fresh bananas & avocados – just follow the steps below and let your ice cream freeze overnight. For extra creaminess, I recommend to blend the frozen mix before serving.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen;
- 3 ripe avocados, frozen;
- Sweeteners of your choice;
- Coco Nibs & Matcha powder for garnish;
- Optional: coconut milk
- Peel the bananas and avocados and remove the avocado seeds.
- Mix in a blender to a creamy ice cream and sweeten as needed.
- Coconut milk can optionally be added for an extra creamy consistency.
- Garnish with coco nibs and matcha powder and enjoy.
- The ice cream is ready to serve immediately, but it can also be frozen again.
* Tip for freezing bananas & avocados: I freeze my bananas and avocados with their “skin and hair” on. However, you can peel (and core) them beforehand and cut them into cubes. So they can definitely be portioned better. But if you want to save time like me and throw everything in the freezer, you can – rest assured. Both the bananas and the avocados can be peeled and chopped up wonderfully when frozen.
Stay in touch & follow me!
Just browse through my little blog world. In addition to a wide variety of recipes, you will also find articles on travel, lifestyle and other stories of life.
In addition: You can find more of me on Facebook, on my Instagram accounts @Pop.Up.Girl or @Popupgirl_food and now also on YouTube. Like it – Share it – Comment it
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️
💕 Cat 💕