This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
Baba Ganoush is a classic dish from North African cuisine and is now also known in our kitchens. For me personally, Baba Ganoush is the “little cousin” of hummus. Maybe not as well known, but just as tasty. Not to forget: a little lighter and more figure-friendly, because Baba Ganoush is made without chickpeas or other carbohydrates.
Baba Ganoush: the classic Eggplant Dip
Today I will show you how to prepare the vegan eggplant dip Baba Ganoush.
Ingredients (makes 300 g Dip):
- 2 – 3 Eggplants
- 50 g Tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 – 3 tsp Paprika powder
- 2 – 3 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 TL Coriander seeds, ground
- 2 Garlic gloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and peper
- 5 – 6 tbsp Olive oil + a little bit extra
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Prick eggplants on all sides with a fork.
- Bake the aubergines in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the skin turns brown and crispy.
- Halve the eggplant. Scrape the inside of the eggplant out with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, paprika powder, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander seeds and garlic to the aubergines and mix with a puree to a fine mixture.
- Arrange on a plate and garnish with a little olive oil, salt and paprika powder.
Would you like to see more of me ?
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️
💕 Cat 💕