This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
I am in love with Roasted Veggies. Even if I’m not the biggest fan of autumn (*writing this while I am sitting in hot summer Queensland, Australia 😅), I enjoy the colorful, delicious variety of vegetables from the weather-wise suboptimal time of the year (when it comes to the German autumn 😂). And if you are a fan of roasted vegetables and salad, then you will definitely love this recipe for my vegan and hearty roasted veggie salad.
Quick & Vegan: Roasted Veggie Salad
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
For the pumpkin seed pesto:
- 100 g pumpkin seeds;
- 50 ml olive oil;
- 50 ml pumpkin seed oil;
- Salt and pepper;
- 1/2 organic lemon, juice and zest;
- Mixed fresh herbs, e.g. Basil, parsley and mint
For the Salad:
- 1 pumpkin, e.g. Hokkaido;
- 2 medium-sized beets;
- 2 chicory;
- 1 corn on the cob, fresh, not cooked;
- 2 tbsp chestnuts, cooked;
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey;
- 1 small red onion;
- 1 grapefruit Olive oil or other vegetable oils such as canola or sunflower oil;
- salt and pepper;
- 1/2 organic lemon, juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (grill function).
- Halve and core the pumpkin. Zero waste tip: Don’t throw away the pumpkin seeds. Simply clean the pulp and let it dry in the oven at 100 ° C for several hours. They are a delicious snack for the first cool autumn days.
- Use a peeler to cut half of the pumpkin into thin shaves. Drizzle a little lemon juice on the pumpkin shaves to avoid brown spots.
- Cut the other half of the pumpkin into pieces (about 1 cm thick). Small boats look particularly beautiful.
- Peel the beets and quarter or eighth if the beets are very large. Caution: It is best to use gloves and an apron, as the beets stain strongly.
- Quarter the chicory lengthways so that the root holds the individual leaves together.
- Cut the onion into 1 cm thick rings.
- Spread the pumpkin boats, onion rings, beetroot and chicory in an ovenproof dish. Spread some olive oil over it and grill in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables get grill marks and are not quite cooked. Turn the vegetables halfway through. Tip: The vegetables can also be cooked on the grill or in a grill pan. Season the finished vegetables with a little salt and pepper.
- While the vegetables are in the oven, caramelize the chestnuts in a pan. Melt 1 teaspoon brown sugar with a little salt in a pan, add the chestnuts and stir. Remove the pan from the stove and let the caramelized chestnuts cool. For the pesto, mix the herbs together with the pumpkin seeds, lemon zest, parmesan and some of the olive and pumpkin seed oil in a food processor.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Fill the pesto into clean glasses and cover with the remaining oil. Kept in the refrigerator, it will last for at least 1 week.
- Cut off the peel of the grapefruit with a knife and then cut out the fillets. Save the rest of the grapefruit for the salad dressing.
- Free the corn on the cob from the outer leaves and carefully cut off the raw corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Lay out the pumpkin shaves on a serving platter or large plate. Spread the grilled vegetables on top. Squeeze the rest of the grapefruit juice over the salad. Garnish with a little olive oil, the caramelized chestnuts, pesto, the raw corn kernels and a little salt and pepper.
- Enjoy your healthy roasted veggie salad.
Stay in touch and follow me!
Just browse through my little blog world. In addition to a wide variety of recipes, you will also find articles on travel, lifestyle and other stories of life.
In addition: You can find more of me on Facebook, on my Instagram accounts @Pop.Up.Girl or @Popupgirl_food and now also on YouTube. Like it – Share it – Comment it
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️
💕 Cat 💕
*Disclaimer: This article was created in friendly cooperation with MERKUR. The post contains advertising / product placement. The content and my opinion were not influenced by it. The links are not affiliate links and there are no advantages for me.