This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
What do pulled beef and my wedding have in common ?! Quite simply, because it was one of the dishes I had at my wedding. Pulled Beef – The Wedding Edition, so to speak;) But that’s not all – I actually cooked it myself for my wedding. Because as if it wasn’t enough that our wedding coincided with the current corona pandemic #PerfectTiming, our caterer also dropped out. And so I faced the challenge of cooking the food for my own wedding. But I’ll tell you this story another time. Back to the pulled beef.
Party food: Juicy Pulled Beef with Tortillas
Long story short: This dish is absolutely disaster-tested and a great solution if you want to cater to many mouths at once. Because it almost cooks itself, can be combined in many different ways and even tastes cold. So whether you have a garden party, a birthday or a DIY wedding planned – I can only recommend this pulled beef to you.
Ingredients (makes 4 – 6 servings):
- 500 g beef e.g. shoulder blade
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil for frying
- 3 carrots
- 1 tomato
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 300 ml of beer
- 3 teaspoons paprika powder, ground, noble sweet or smoked
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ground
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup or BBQ ketchup
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Greek yogurt
- olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber
- Corn tortillas, bought or made yourself
- 1/2 organic lemon juice & zest
- Preheat the oven to 120 ° C top / bottom heat.
- Sear the shoulder in a roasting pan with a little vegetable oil on all sides.
- Meanwhile, clean the onion, carrots, tomatoes and the garlic cloves and cut into large pieces.
- When the shoulder is seared on all sides, add the vegetables and fry briefly.
- Then add the spices and deglaze everything with beer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then lower the temperature.
- Now put your shoulder covered in the oven and let it simmer slowly for at least 6 hours. Tip: Make sure that there is always enough liquid in the roaster. If necessary add water.
- After the braising time, remove the shoulder from the juice and carefully tear the meat into pieces with two forks.
- Press the juice through a sieve. Then put the meat back in the juice and mix well.
- Whip the Greek yogurt a little, it will be nice and creamy.
- Season the yogurt with a little salt and pepper as well as lemon juice, zest and olive oil.
- Wash the cucumber and finely dice it. If you want, you can remove the core housing.
- Put some pulled beef on a corn tortilla and garnish with some yogurt and cucumber cubes.
Stay in touch and follow me
Just browse through my little blog world. In addition to a wide variety of recipes, you will also find articles on travel, lifestyle and other stories of life.
PS: If you have any questions or just want to say “Hello”, leave me a comment or write to me by email.
By the way: If you’ve tried one of my recipes, take a photo and share it with the hashtag #popupgirlandfood on your social network channels. Don’t forget to tag me @pop.up.girl or @popupgirl_food so that I can find you too ☺️